The Kutztown Fair Association is proud to introduce the winners of the Kutztown Fair Youth Scholarships.
The recipients have a proven record of leadership, community service, and participation in the Kutztown Fair. These outstanding young people will continue their education with the assistance of a scholarship presented by the Kutztown Fair Association. Scholarship funds are made available from proceeds provided by the Kutztown Fair Association and the Ag Benefit Auction.
Meet Our Previous Year Scholarships Recipients
2020 Kutztown Fair Scholarship Winners
Ayla Blatt, daughter of Brian and Susan Blatt, Kutztown, is a fourth-year student at Penn State University. Her major is Animal Science. She grew up living and working on a small farm in Greenwich Township. She is a graduate of Kutztown Area High School.
Ethan Sanner, is the son of Kenneth and Denise Sanner, Kutztown, PA. He is a 2020 graduate of Kutztown Area High School and is a freshman at Penn State University – Berks Campus, majoring in Wildlife and Fishery Science.
Haley Weidman, daughter of Tami Weidman, Oley, is a first- year student at Penn State University, Berks Campus. Her major is Animal Science.
2017 Kutztown Fair Scholarship Winners
Criteria for Scholarship Applications
1. Eligibility is open to any youth who has been a Kutztown Fair participant for at least 2 consecutive years
(including the current year).
2. The applicant must have graduated from high school and be currently enrolled in a school of higher learning as of August 1 of the current year.
3. Scholarship amounts may vary from year to year depending on available funds.
4. Selection will be based upon the following criteria:
b. Showmanship and ethics
c. Academic performance
d. Fair participation
e. Volunteer fair activities
f. Other activities
(Note: See invitation to volunteer projects on bottom of page.)
5. The scholarship money must be used to help finance a two to four year higher education program.
6. The applicant must complete the application and write a one-page essay including information such as their
background, future plans, past and current activities, and planned use of scholarship funds.
7. The application deadline will be Sept. 30.
Scholarship applicants are encouraged to volunteer to assist with the fair activities and functions. We need announcers, show clerks, and people to help keep the barns and grounds clean. Contact an Ag Committee member to volunteer for any of these jobs.